TurnScor is a credit repair software program, enabling you to repair your own credit. In that way, you can save on the cost of using a full-service credit repair service. If you’re willing to put in the time and effort, TurnScor will give you all the tools you need to get the job done.
But TurnScor is a credit repair software that’s different from most of the competition. First, they give you a choice of how to learn to use the software. Depending on how you best learn, you can choose between learning through an e-book, a video, or by actually using the software.
What’s more, TurnScor isn’t just a credit repair software. They also provide you with ongoing tools to enable you to better manage your credit and your finances. This recognizes the fact that credit repair often isn’t a one-time event.
Once you get your credit fixed, there are certain strategies you’ll need to keep your credit score up, and even raise it higher, if that’s what you choose to do.
TurnScor can help you do all of that, and for a single flat fee. If you’ve been struggling with credit problems, or simply want to better manage your credit, this software can definitely help.
Table of Contents:
TurnScor is part of Advanced Credit Technologies, Inc. (ACRT), which was launched in 2008, and is a technology company focused on both fraud prevention and credit management.
TurnScor is ACRT’s primary product and is a proprietary software platform allowing customers to both monitor and manage their credit from the privacy of their own homes.
The TurnScor process begins by ordering a free e-book, “Easy Step-by-Step Guide to Credit Management”. That will provide you with an overview of what’s involved in successful credit management, as well as help you to determine if you want to order the service.
Once you do, you’ll pay a flat fee which will give you a license to access the TurnScor website for a full year. If you decide that you want to continue using the service, it’s renewable at an annual rate of half the initial fee.
In this way, TurnScor can be available not just to help you repair your credit, but also to continue to properly manage your credit going forward.
This will be a valuable additional resource to anyone who had difficulty with credit issues in the past, perhaps because of a lack of full understanding of how the credit process works.
How TurnScor Works
TurnScor uses a simple point-and-click navigation system, making the interface very easy to use even if you’re not familiar with how the credit repair process works. It’s specifically designed for those who are not tech-savvy, and the dashboard does include a training center.
You can learn how to operate the software either by watching a video or by reading a tutorial. You can even watch an actual demonstration.
One particular tool TurnScor uses that’s especially user-friendly is the “T” icon. Anytime you get stuck on anything you come across in the software, you can click that icon, and a pop-up video will show you the next step in the process.
The basic strategy of the TurnScor system is to make sure both credit bureaus and creditors to fully comply with the Federal Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), which they are required to do by law. Any information reported that cannot be accurately verified must legally be removed from your credit report.
The software is designed to help you identify those inaccuracies and errors, and to contact the credit bureaus and creditors to have them removed.
The software uses a four-step process to help you repair your credit:
#1 Access Your Credit Profile
You obtain your most recent credit reports from the three major credit bureaus, Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
#2 Identify Credit Items
Organize your credit items into a summary grid where you can track your progress. This grid acts as a control for the entire process.
#3 Send Challenge Letters
Select, then print, challenge letters that will be sent each of the credit bureaus where a credit error exists.
#4 Update Information and Credit Scores
Here you review your updated credit profiles on each of the credit reports to see the results if the challenge letters sent to the credit bureaus were successful.
You’re entitled to one free copy of your credit report each year from each of the three major bureaus. But you’re also entitled to a free copy of the results of any credit challenges.
- Attorney on Staff: This is another feature that distinguishes TurnScor from the competition. Attorney Mark L. Vavreck is on staff to assist you with difficult situations involving collection agencies. He will act as an advocate to help you navigate credit laws. He’s available to offer advice on your debt situation. There is no extra cost for this service.
- Monthly Budget: TurnScor has created a monthly budget to help you better manage your monthly expenses. They recognize that credit problems often come from inadequate budgeting. By getting better control of your budget, you’ll avoid creating additional credit problems. It’s a prevention strategy that will help to keep your credit problems in the past.
Features and Benefits
- Customer Service: The company offers contact by phone and by in-website email. However, they don’t provide their hours and days of operation, which you should assume to be regular business hours.
- The TurnScor Training Center: TurnScor provides a step-by-step guide to credit management to help you learn how the credit process works. It stresses the following guidelines under federal law in dealing with creditors. It will guide and coach you with each step in the process. You can choose to learn using a written e-book, a video-based library, or a second video-based library that actually deals with using the software.
- Credit Education Resources: Along with the software, TurnScor provides a wealth of credit education information.
- 60-day Money Back Guaranty: If you’re not completely satisfied with the software after 60 days, TurnScor will promptly issue you a refund, with no questions asked.
For example, they provide the Five Factors of Credit Scoring (how your credit score is calculated) and links to consumer protections under the law, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
Armed with the knowledge of your rights under federal law, you’ll be more confident and effective in dealing with uncooperative creditors
Pricing and Fees
TurnScor charges a flat fee of $159 to license access to the website for a term of one year. You can renew your license for an additional year at half the price.
How to Sign up
You can sign up for TurnScor directly from the website. They provide an input screen that asks for basic information, including your name, address, cell phone, and your email address.
Note that they don’t require you to put your Social Security number on file. You will then be required to create and confirm a password.
When using the software, the company recommends Mozilla Firefox to minimize any compatibility issues. The software can work on Internet Explorer, but it’s simply been found to have the best performance on Firefox.
Pros & Cons
- TurnScor will help you to go the do-it-yourself credit repair route, saving you hundreds of dollars on credit repair services.
- TurnScor provides everything you need to repair your own credit. That includes dozens of form letters, access to your credit reports, and plenty of information to help you learn the credit process as well as your legal rights.
- An attorney is available on staff to help you with any difficult situations, particularly collection agencies. There is no additional charge for this service.
- TurnScor charges a single upfront flat fee. There are no monthly fees thereafter.
- If you decide you want to keep TurnScor, you can renew your subscription on an annual basis, for 50% of the upfront fee.
- Turnscor doesn’t request your Social Security number, which adds an extra layer of security to the program.
- The service is available in both English and Spanish.
- As do-it-yourself credit repair software, TurnScor is not a credit repair service. They provide all the tools you’ll need to fix your own credit, but you’ll need to make the effort to make it work.
- Credit repair does require a large amount of direct contact with creditors, often by phone. If you’re not comfortable negotiating on your own behalf, this service may not work for you.
- The fee of $159 is at the height and of the range for credit repair software. But it does need to be remembered that the service includes advice from an attorney, as well as budgeting capabilities.
Who TurnScor will Work Best For
TurnScor is designed for anyone who wants to repair their own credit. This can be either because you don’t want to pay the higher fees that full-service credit repair services charge, or because you had a bad experience using one in the past.
Still, others may be interested in it for the challenge. By learning to repair your own credit, you can avoid future credit problems, then be ready to deal with them as they arise.
TurnScor will give you everything you need, including access to your credit reports, detailed information on the problems they contain, strategies and tools to use in disputing the errors, and tracking follow-up results on your credit reports.
But perhaps the most interesting feature of the TurnScor service is the availability of an in-house attorney. This is extremely unusual among credit repair software programs, and even with credit repair services.
The attorney is available for consultation – at no additional charge – to help you with, particularly difficult credit situations. The most common will be dealing with collection agencies.
Just knowing what you can do legally to deal with these agencies can be the difference between success and failure.
Another interesting feature is the budgeting capability. Many people get into credit problems for lack of adequate budgeting. TurnScor recognizes this as a problem and gives you the ability to get better control of your budget. This will avoid future credit problems.
TurnScor, however, is not recommended for anyone who is not fully prepared to take on all that’s involved in the credit repair process.
Even though the software provides everything you need to dispute credit issues, there will be a need in many circumstances to make direct contact with creditors.
This often happens by phone and involves tense negotiations. If you’re not prepared to engage in such contact and negotiations, the better option will be to use a full-service credit repair service that will handle the entire process for you.
But if you’re ready to take on the credit repair challenge on your own, TurnScor will help you make it happen.
If you’d like more information, or you’d like to order the software, check out the TurnScor website.