- Easy to Apply
- High Approval
- Low APR
- Low Deposit
- Low Fees
- Up to $5,000 in secured credit
- Apply regardless of credit score
- No credit history required
- Reports to all 3 credit bureaus
Apply Now Over the past couple of months I’ve been reviewing what I consider the best credit cards for people who have bad credit. As part of my secured credit card review series, I’m going to review the new Green Dot primor Secured Visa Classic Card.
In all these reviews I give a brief introduction to secured credit card and why it’s important to use a secured credit card as a tool for repairing your credit. Secured credit cards are provided by credit card companies as a way for people who have bad credit to start rebuilding their credit. Since the person usually can’t get approved for a regular unsecured credit card, secured credit cards are available to just about everybody.
How Secured Credit Cards Work
The credit card companies are able to provide secured credit cards to everybody because they aren’t actually extending a credit line. Rather, a secured credit card works like a debit card in that you deposit the cash into the account, and when you use the card, it’s deducting the funds from that prepaid account. The difference between a secured credit card and a debit card, however, is that a secured credit card gets reported to the credit bureaus and thus helps you rebuild your credit by building positive credit usage history.
Green Dot Primor Secured Visa Classic Card Features
- The Green Dot primor Secured Visa Classic Card allows you to deposit between $200 and $5,000. It’s totally up to you how much you want to load on the card. You deposit the money by opening a secured personal savings account and then transferring the funds over the account. This is an extremely easy process and they automate most of the process so you don’t have to do very much.
- The Green Dot primor Secured Visa Classic Card usually has approval as long as your monthly income exceeds your monthly expenses by at least $100.
- Lastly, the Green Dot primor Secured Visa Classic Card is free to apply for and setup. In other words, there is no processing fee or anything like that. After you’re approved, you just transfer over the funds and start rebuilding your credit. It’s all pretty easy stuff.
Overall, the Green Dot primor Secured Visa Classic Card is one of the best secured credit cards out there. It’s one of my top picks for people who can’t get approved for a regular credit card. The great thing about secured credit cards is that after you’ve had it for 12 months or so and built up positive credit history, you can then apply for a regular unsecured credit card like an American Express card.
Would I Get This Card for Myself?
Now for the question I’ve been asking in all these reviews.
If I woke up tomorrow with bad credit, would I get this card myself to start rebuilding my credit? YES. I definitely would use this card myself.
I would love to know what you think of this card, so please leave a comment telling me about your experience with the card.Get the Green Dot primor Secured Visa Classic Card →