Buying a car is a big commitment. Unless you have the full amount of cash on hand, you commit to car financing. A loan will enable you to take your car off the lot and call it yours – as long as you don’t miss a payment.
Sometimes, those loans can leave you with a high-interest rate, leading to monthly payments that can be hard on your budget. It adds stress not only to the car buying process but to the way you spend money throughout the length of the loan.
The good news is that you have options to lower the ding on your wallet. Auto-refinance loans help put money back in your pocket by reducing your Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for interest – not the principal of the loan.
It’s possible to get your APR lowered through a big bank, but you will more likely accomplish it if you have an expert on your side. It will guide you through the process and keep your best interests in mind.
RateGenius is an online auto-refinance company that can help you refinance the loan on your car. The goal is to get you a lower interest rate and put money back in your pocket! What could be better than that?
Table of Contents
How Does RateGenius Work?
RateGenius is not a direct lender, but an intermediary that connects you to a lender to which you likely would not otherwise have access. From small credit unions to banks, RateGenius searches a wide array of lenders for every application.
RateGenius is an online company that requires only an internet connection and personally identifiable information to help lenders determine if you are qualified. From there, it’s all about you and the lender they choose.
Not sure if RateGenius is for you? Answer these questions:
- Have you seen a rise in your credit score since purchasing your vehicle?
- Is your current APR more than 6%?
- Have you had financial setbacks?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, an auto refinance loan very well may be right for you.
RateGenius is easy to work with, fast, and has few requirements from you before you can connect with a lender.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a credit score of a least 550
- Must have an income of at least $2,000 a month
- Can live anywhere in the United States
- Your vehicle must be no more than 7 years old
- Your car must not have more than 100,000 miles
If you’re still a match with this information, applying is as simple as going to the RateGenius website and filling out a form.
Rest assured that your information is safe and secured throughout the application and lending process. Third parties do not retain any data unless you select them as your new lender.
How Much Can You Borrow from RateGenius?
The great news? RateGenius refinance loan amounts work for almost all vehicles.
The company allows you to borrow anywhere from $10,000 to $90,000. Plus, it is not limited to a single vehicle per applicant.
What is the APR with RateGenius?
RateGenius helps to connect you with other lenders – smaller credit unions who remove the big bank. It will help you secure a lower interest rate.
Though it’s important to note that the lender determines interest rates and based on credit score, applicants can expect an APR of as low as 2.99 percent or as high as 25.87 percent.
So, why does this matter? Well, on average, RateGenius users save $76 after refinancing with a lower APR.
For example, if you’ve taken out a $20,000 loan with a 10 percent APR, your interest amount will be $5,000. With help from RateGenius, however, you could get that APR lowered to 5 percent, which amounts to just over $2,500 on the same loan!
Are There Any Fees?
RateGenius acts as a middleman, connecting applicants with lenders. Though RateGenius does not require a fee to use its services, a lender they connect you with might charge fees.
So, it’s essential to read through all documents to identify any fees before selecting your auto refinance lender.
Is RateGenius A Hard Inquiry?
Yes, connecting with RateGenius requires a hard inquiry on your credit report to connect you with proper lenders. But it is the most efficient way to get it done.
A hard inquiry can, but does not always, lead to a change in your credit score. As a result, we recommended that you only go through the RateGenius process if you are a serious auto loan shopper.
Pros & Cons of RateGenius.
As with any service, there are both pros and cons of doing business with RateGenius.
Overall, it is a reliable option for serious applicants with a steady income and an average or better credit score.
- Vehicle requirements are standard and not outside of the excepted wear-and-tear on a car, which aligns with other auto-financing businesses.
- RateGenius checks more than 150 lenders nationwide, giving you the potential for multiple, reliable options for your refinancing.
- You are not required to accept a loan offer simply because a company approves you for it.
- The application process is simple, straightforward, and quick to complete.
- Loan terms range from 24 to 87 months, which are longer than many initial car-loan options.
- RateGenius accounts for a hard inquiry on your credit score. Only serious shoppers should apply.
- The company’s approval rate might go as low as credit scores of 550 but favors applicants in the 690 range, on average. So, this is not for people with “bad credit.”
- RateGenius does require that you have a minimum income of $2,000 a month.
- Loan approval can take up to 48 hours, making it one of the slower refinancing sites for awaiting approval.
- RateGenius also has an affiliated insurance company. You are likely to hear from an insurance representative after you go complete your refinance, but you don’t have to work with them.
If you’re interested in saving money and paying off your auto loan quicker, RateGenius is likely what you’ve been trying to find.
Get started today and get some more money back in your pocket for the truly important things in your life!