Credit Detailer is completely different than the credit repair services we normally review on this website. That’s because Credit Detailer isn’t a credit repair service, but a credit repair software package.
Put another way, it takes people who want to go the do-it-yourself credit repair route and gives them the tools they need to make it work.
The reality is that anyone can do their own credit repair. But it is a very specialized process, and many are unfamiliar with how it works. That’s a legitimate concern, and a major reason to engage the services of a true credit repair service.
But if you have the desire and the willingness to repair your own credit, just having the right tools can equip you for the job.
That’s what Credit Detailer provides. If you decide you want to fix your own credit, getting the software they offer will make the task easier.
Table of Contents:
About Credit Detailer
Credit Detailer has been in business for over 15 years and is headquartered in North Hampton, New Hampshire. As mentioned above, Credit Detailer provides credit repair software and not direct credit repair services.
The primary purpose of the software is to enable you to correct erroneously and incorrectly reported information on your credit reports. You can challenge an unlimited number of creditor accounts.
And since you’re paying a flat fee for the software, you’ll pay a lot less than you will with credit repair services.
Some credit repair services charge even more for either a very large number of creditor accounts or credit situations that are particularly complicated.
And since it’s entirely possible that a comprehensive credit repair service can take longer than one year, you may end up paying well over $1,000 by the time you’re done.
You can order Credit Detailer and pay a flat fee upfront. You can then work on repairing your own credit at your own pace. But the advantage of the software is that it provides everything you need to successfully challenge and correct credit entries.
That will reduce the amount of time it will take for any individual credit challenge.
Even if you have a large number of derogatory entries on your credit report, you may decide to focus on only a small number that you consider to be the most damaging.
How Credit Detailer Works
When you sign up for the service, it works by providing a series of screens where you can input the information on each of your creditors.
You start by entering your basic information, such as your name, Social Security number birthday, phone number, and address. You’ll then be able to enter your credit information, including the details of your history with each creditor.
This enables you to assemble all your problem credit accounts on the software.
For each creditor, you’ll enter the creditor name and account number, then select a challenging reason. You can then check the box for each credit bureau you want to contact to dispute the account.
You can add unlimited accounts, so you don’t need to be concerned if you have several credit accounts you need to fix. Once you enter the information in the software, you can save it and print it, as well as the credit challenge letters for each creditor.
You’ll be able to save each letter on the software for easy access later.
If after beginning working with the software you decide that you need direct assistance, Credit Detailer has partnered with a credit repair firm, The Credit Coach.
They can provide live assistance to help you through the process. That will include personal coaching and training in how to use the software, or even to have a credit coach manage the process for you.
Once you enter your information on the software, it’s stored directly on your personal computer. The information is not stored online or retained by Credit Detailer. That will keep your personal information private.
Free trial. You can test-drive Credit Detailer for seven days free of charge. That will enable you to see what the software can do and to decide if you want to purchase the product.
Two Credit Detailer Versions
Credit Detailer offers two types of credit repair software:
Credit Detailer Personal Edition
The Credit Detailer Personal Edition is for individuals. It can be used by two people and comes with unlimited printing and unlimited credit line items.
Credit Detailer Professional Edition
Credit Detailer also offers their Professional Edition, which provides software for practicing credit repair services, or for those who want to go into the credit repair business.
When you purchase this edition, it enables you to work with unlimited clients, unlimited credit lines, with unlimited printing.
The Professional Edition provides everything you need to be in the credit repair service business.
And much like the Personal Edition, all client information and data entered into the software is retained on your own computer system.
Credit Detailer Features and Benefits
Credit Education: For a credit repair software program, Credit Detailer has a surprisingly comprehensive list of education resources. This starts with your credit rights.
They provide links to resources regarding the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Fair & Accurate Transaction Reporting Act, and the Fair Credit Billing Act.
These are available directly on the website and will empower you by educating you about your rights under the law when dealing with creditors.
- Credit Detailer software is available in Spanish: If Spanish is your preferred language, the software is available in Spanish as well as English.
- Customer service: You can reach Credit Detailer by phone, Monday through Friday, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, and weekends from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm – all times Eastern. You’ll be asked to leave a message so an agent can get back with you. The company also responds to emails seven days a week.
- Technical Support: Credit Detailer new customers get free installation and activation assistance within 30 days of making the purchase. But if you need assistance after the 30-day period expires, you can hire a technician to assist you with the process for a fee of $60 per hour.
Credit Detailer Pricing and Fees
As of 6/1/21, pricing for the two editions are as follows:
- Personal Edition, $399 for a lifetime license
- Professional Edition, currently discount from $999.99 to $399 for a lifetime license
You’ll pay the flat fee upfront on the Personal Edition, but you’ll have a choice of either a flat fee upfront or monthly installments for the Professional Edition. Payment methods include PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Refund Policy. Credit Detailer provides a full refund within 30 days of purchasing the product. No questions will be asked. Once the refund is issued, all activations will be disabled
How to Sign up with Credit Detailer
You can download the Credit Detailer software directly from the website. It’s designed to work with Windows 64-bit or 32-bit with Microsoft Office 32-bit. A Quick Start Guide is available online to help you with the installation.
Once again, if you need live technical support, it will be available free of charge for up to 30 days after making your purchase.
Credit Detailer Pros & Cons
- Designed specifically to assist the do-it-yourself credit repair person, who just needs the proper tools to get the job done right.
- You pay one flat fee upfront. Unlike credit repair services, there are no monthly recurring subscription fees to pay.
- The service is available with a seven-day free trial, enabling you to test out the software before making your payment.
- The software comes with a 30-day moneyback guarantee.
- Since your personal information is stored on your personal computer, and not online or in a Credit Detailer database, it remains in your personal possession and is more secure.
- You can purchase live credit repair support from the Credit Detailer’s partner, The Credit Coach. This is a valuable option to have on certain difficult credit situations or with particularly uncooperative creditors.
- Credit Detailer is a credit repair software and not a credit repair service. That means you won’t have direct support from credit repair personnel in your effort to repair your credit.
- Sending letters can be an effective way to deal with credit problems, but phone follow-up is often required. If you’re not comfortable with direct contact, you may need a credit repair service.
- If you need live assistance more than 30 days after purchasing the software, you will have to pay a fee of $60 per hour. The website does not indicate if that fee is prorated for shorter phone times.
Who Credit Detailer will Work Best For
Throughout this review, we’ve made it clear that Credit Detailer is credit repair software and not a full-service credit repair service. For that reason, it’s designed specifically for consumers who want to repair their own credit, rather than hiring a more costly repair service.
The software will make it incredibly easy to repair your credit. You’ll not only be informed about your credit rights under the law, but the software will provide you with all the tools you need to do exactly what credit repair services do.
Credit Detailer will work best for those who not only have a strong desire to manage their own credit repair but also have a willingness to go beyond simply sending letters.
Since you won’t have the representation of a credit repair service, there will be times when you will need to get more directly involved in the process. That will not only involve email and telephone follow-up, but it may also require negotiations.
However, if you don’t feel comfortable with the direct aspect of credit repair, especially the negotiating process, you may be better off with a full-service credit repair company.
You may also choose to go the credit repair service route if you either have very complicated credit problems, or you have numerous credit issues that will require a substantial investment of time and effort.
But if you’re ready to take the reins to fix your own credit, Credit Detailer credit repair software is an excellent choice to help you with the process.
If you’d like more information, or you’d like to order the software, check out the Credit Detailer website