Buying a car requires a few key things – time, money, and decent credit scores.
In today’s financial climate and job market, it’s not surprising that so many people struggle with credit issues. Not to mention, it’s tough to build up credit when you’re first making your way in the adult world.
Unfortunately, credit issues can make owning a car impossible, as lousy credit sends your annual percentage rate (APR) through the roof, often making car payments out of reach. Or in some cases, low credits scores mean you won’t qualify for financing and, as a result, can’t buy a car.
But getting to work without a car can be timely, costly, and unreliable. It can make taking the kids to school challenging and getting to and from medical appointments stressful. A personal vehicle often improves your overall quality of life, giving you the freedom to go where you need to go when you need to go.
Car.Loan.com has been helping people in tough credit situations obtain an affordable car loan since 1994. Bad credit, no credit, and even bankruptcy aren’t a problem when you partner with Car.Loan.com.
Plus, they can complete your approval before you even begin shopping so that you can get your car the same day.
Table of Contents:
How Does Car.Loan.com Work?
For more than 20 years, Car.Loan.com has provided car loans to people who could not find financing anywhere else. Owned and operated by Internet Brands (a consumer advice site), the company puts applicants first.
As one of a few online sites that work with people with less-than-ideal credit scores, Car.Loan.com has a few requirements for applicants. But they’re not substantial.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Co-applicants must also be at least 18 years old.
- Must be a citizen of the United States with documentation to prove it.
- You aren’t required to have a monthly income, but making at least $1,000 helps.
- The vehicle must be no more than eight years old.
- You must present a government-issued ID.
- If you are looking for a 60-month loan, you can’t purchase a car with more than 100,000 miles on it.
- If you are looking for a 72-month loan, you can’t purchase a car with more than 70,000 miles on it.
Meet those requirements? If so, all that’s left is to fill out a three-minute form!
Car.Loan.com links you with the dealership best suited for your needs. The company does do a credit check. But you can rest assured that your information is not sent to hundreds of places that wouldn’t even consider your loan.
Car.Loan.com creates a hassle-free experience that draws extensive positive reviews. The company helps you get loan approval before you even get to a dealership to shop for your car.
This preapproval saves you time and enables you to drive away with your new or used vehicle the same day if it’s on the lot.
Are Car.Loan.com Car Loans Safe?
Yes, Car.Loan.com is safe. Though the company shares personally identifiable information with lenders, it is done so only with your consent and gets securely transmitted to third parties.
As with anything, clear your browser when you’re done to ensure your information is not auto-saved to it.
How Much Can You Borrow From Car.Loan.com?
Car.Loan.com allows you to connect with lenders offering anywhere from $7,500 to $45,000.
The highest amounts might be lower than many competitors. But if you have bad credit, no credit, or are a first-time buyer, you probably can’t finance more than that every month, anyway.
What Is The APR With Car.Loan.com?
Because Car.Loan.com works with no-credit borrowers, the interest rates are a bit higher than some financing companies. But considering that many streamlined lenders won’t finance people with bad credit, the rates are not too bad.
Annual percentage rates range from 7.99% to 21.99%. While these rates start a bit higher, many similar services charge as much as 25.99%, so
Car.Loan.com compares well. Ideally, you’ll want your car payment to be no more than 10 percent of your monthly income to ensure you can pay it off.
Are There Any Fees?
No fees. Car.Loan.com is a free service connecting you to a car lender that will get you on the road with a payment you can afford — even if you have bad credit.
As with any contract, you must review all of the conditions a lender sets forth – including any fees – before signing on the dotted line.
Pros & Cons
Car.Loan.com can seem like a dream come true if you are struggling to find a car loan.
Before working with any financial institution, it’s good to learn the pros and cons of the service so that you can make an informed decision:
- Allows co-applicants for all loan types.
- It helps those who would otherwise be unable to take out a loan.
- The quick and easy form takes minutes to fill out and submit.
- Perfect for applicants who are first-time car buyers or who have filed for bankruptcy.
- Loan.com does not require a monthly income.
- You can get approval in 30 minutes or less.
- A loan estimator on Car.Loan.com helps you estimate your payments and rates before having the company do a hard credit check.
- Standard lease terms range from 36 to 72 months.
- Not available for purchases in Hawaii, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, North Dakota, or Oregon.
- Car.Loan.com does require a hard credit check, which can affect your credit score. This hit can be problematic for an applicant who already has a low credit score.
- The APR for no-credit loans is typically at the top of the legal limit – though it’s still better than not being eligible for a vehicle at all.
- Sparse information online makes it challenging to know what to expect until you apply and get in contact with one of the company’s agents.
At Car.Loan.com, you’ll find experienced representatives and enjoy an easy process and quick results. It’s everything you could want from a no-credit financing process.