- No Credit Check
- Rebuild credit or establish credit with automatic reporting to all major credit bureaus
- Low variable APR
- Easy Online Application process
- Works everywhere Visa is accepted
- Maximum $3,000 deposit
Apply Now As a lot of you know, I’m a big advocate of using a secured credit card to repair your credit. The great thing about secured credit cards is that almost everybody gets approved, even if you have bad credit. You then get the benefit of having a credit card like the Open Sky Secured Visa Credit Card on your credit report in order to rebuild positive credit history.
There are lots of secured credit cards out there, so in order to help you decide which one to choose, I will be doing a series of posts where I review some of the best secured credit cards, starting with one of my favorites the Open Sky Secured Credit Card.
The way this card works is simple, in fact, this is how most secured credit cards work. It’s “secured” because you make an initial deposit on the credit card, and that acts as your credit line. In other words, it’s very similar to a debit card in theory, but really what you’re doing is guaranteeing the loan. However, the difference is that a secured credit card gets listed on your credit report. This is how you build positive credit history.
Open Sky Secured Visa Credit Card Features
- The Open Sky Secured Visa Credit Card requires a minimum deposit of $200, but you can deposit up to $3,000 if you want. This is a relatively low deposit requirement given that many secured credit cards require at least $500. The low deposit is one of the great things about this card. Also, the initial deposit is only required once, so you don’t need to keep depositing money. In fact, you don’t even need to use the card if you don’t want to. The important thing is that it’s building positive credit history.
- Another thing I like about this credit card is the low annual fee of $29. All secured credit cards are going to have an annual fee, and most are around $50, so you’re getting a great deal at $29.
- The 17.50% variable APR on the Open Sky Secured Visa Credit Card is reasonable and competitive so I gave this 4 1/2 stars.
Just to recap: The Open Sky Secured Visa Credit Card is a great secured credit card for rebuilding your credit because it’s reported to all major credit bureaus. It has a low initial deposit minimum of $200 and a low annual fee of $29. Its 17.50% variable APR is reasonable and competitive. All-in-all I think this is a great secured credit card and would recommend it to my readers.
Would I Get This Card Myself
Now for the question I’ve been answering in all these reviews. If I woke up tomorrow with bad credit, would I get this card myself as a way to start rebuilding my credit? Yes! I would absolutely get this card myself.Get the Open Sky Secured Visa Now →